while i was homed one fine weekend last month, mami and daddy pampered me with hearty home-cooked food! which i think was the reason of my extra 1 kilo baggage. the fat. :/ i am not complaining though!
today i am featuring mami’s curry chicken!
ingredients that you might need:
potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
secret recipe chilli paste, courtesy of mami’s friend
curry powder, BABA’S
santan, one packer
this is how your curry chicken should look like if you follow the instruction as shown below *points down*
1. first, add the chilli paste into the wok and stir fry until fragrant. and enjoy the ‘chocking’ effect :/. no oil needed here as the chilli paste is already oily. mami bought it from friend i think. or her friend gave it to her.
2. add in chicken and make sure every pieces is covered by the paste.
3. then add in curry powder. half a packet, i think. and don’t ask why it’s fish instead of chicken.
4. pour in some water.
5. follow by potato cubes. simmer them for about 20 minutes.
6. add in santan. you may use yoghurt as alternative. but santan and curry is like a inseparable twins. you take away one of them, and they’re not the same anymore.
7. stir for a while
8. and tadaa! ready to be served! with two big bowls of rice.
too good. yum.